Book Title: Self-Study Teacher Research: Improving Your Practice Through Collaborative Inquiry
Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc
Author: Anastasia P. Samaras
The first textbook to offer novice and experienced teachers guidelines for the "how" and "why" of self-study teacher research
Designed to help pre- and in-service teachers plan, implement, and assess a manageable self-study research project, this unique textbook covers the foundation, history, theoretical underpinnings, and methods of self-study research. Author Anastasia Samaras encourages readers to think deeply about both the "how" and the "why" of this essential professional development tool as they pose questions and formulate personal theories to improve professional practice.
Written in a reader-friendly style and filled with interactive activities and examples, the book helps teachers every step of the way as they learn and refine research skills; conduct a literature review; design a research study; work in validation groups; collect and analyze data; interpret findings; develop skills in peer critique and review; and write, present, and publish their studies.
- A Self-Study Project Planner assists teachers in understanding both the details and process of conducting self-study research.
- A Critical Friends Portfolio includes innovative critical collaborative inquiries to support the completion of a high quality final research project.
- Advice from the most senior self-study academics working in the U.S. and internationally is included, along with descriptions of the self-study methodology that has been refined over time.
- Examples demonstrate the connections between self-study research, teachers′ professional growth, and their students′ learning.
- Tables, charts, and visuals help readers see the big picture and stay organized.